Modalities can be very useful to help reduce immediate pain. Modalities include heat or cold treatment, massage, ultrasound, iontophoresis, TENS, electrical stimulation, etc. However, modalities should not be the only form of treatment. A comprehensive physical therapy or Chiropractic program should also include the following:
- Home Exercise Program.
- Instructions on Body Mechanics.
- A range of motion (ROM) program.
- Aerobic fitness exercises.
- Mild strengthening exercises (optional).
- Consideration of weight-loss.
- Better dietary choices.
13710 Olive Boulevard (Primary Office)
Chesterfield, MO 63017
Telephone: 314-469-PAIN (7246)
Exchange: 314-441-6965 (for after-hour Emergencies Only)
Monday thru Friday
8:30 AM – 4:30 PM