From time to time, some of my patients will share experiences with alternative or herbal remedies for their ailments. In such instances, I will research and investigate these remedies to determine their safety first, as well as the possible benefit(s). Unfortunately, most alternative treatments lack appropriate controlled scientific studies and are not FDA approved. This information on Zyflamend is for the opportunity to discuss this herbal product with your physician.
One of the hottest topics in medicine these days is inflammation. With recent concerns with NSAID (anti-inflammatory) medications many individuals have lost effective pain control. Despite both Vioxx and Bextra being pulled from the market, this class of medications has shown effective arthritic pain control. Although more research and investigation is still pending on NSAID medications, other treatment options need to be considered. Many patients and health care professionals have explored herbal treatments. The most studied. . . herbs are ginger and turmeric. . . One could use ginger and turmeric in cooking, but it would mean consuming a lot of both herbs on a daily basis. That’s not practical for most of us. A popular and promising supplement is Zyflamend from New Chapter. . . It combines ginger and turmeric with other. . . herbs and has provided good results.
Zyflamend represents a promising scientific break-through in herbal COX-2 inhibition and inflammation reduction. Selection of the ten herbs for Zyflamend was based on their traditional use for inflammation as well as rigorous scientific inquiries into the herbal pharmacopoeia and international medical databases. This unique formula has provided practitioners a potentially safe and effective herbal alternative for regulation of inflammatory pathways.
Zyflamend has been studied at Columbia University’s Department of Urology. The preliminary in vitro findings reported that Zyflamend significantly reduced COX-2 activity and modulated cell growth. Columbia University also plans a human clinical trial using Zyflamend and other NewMark dietary supplements to measure a number of biomarkers and prostate cell growth. NewMark employs the innovation of supercritical carbon dioxide technology to gently extract the herbs in Zyflamend without the use of harsh chemical solvents. This advanced extraction method delivers the full spectrum of active constituents and synergistic interactions that occur in the whole herb in a pure, highly concentrated form.
Examined at Columbia University
In research conduced by Dr. A.E. Katz of Columbia University college of Physicians and Surgeons, Zyflamend demonstrated potent activity. According to an article published in Holistic Primary Care magazine, Dr. Katz, “said he was particularly interested in New Chapter Zyflamend, because the company grows most of its own constituent herbs organically, and obtains its extracts using a supercritical CO2 process, meaning there are no toxic solvent residues such as acetone or hexane, as is the case with other extraction techniques.”
HOW IT WORKS
New Chapter, the maker of Zyflamend, has extensively researched the herbal pharmacopoeia and international medical databases and discovered that the following time-tested herbs, properly extracted and blended in the correct proportions, contain at least eight phytonutrients that may safely and significantly support a healthy inflammation response:
- Holy Basil: (Ocimum sanctum) Contains the powerful ursolic acid, which significantly enhances detoxification and helps support the inflammation response. *
- Turmeric: Unique curcumin phytonutrient complex, naturally works synergistically with green tea, significantly multiplying the healthy response to inflammation supported by green tea polyphenols. *
- Ginger:Supercritical extract offers numerous anti-aging constituents. *
- Green Tea:Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences report green tea polyphenols contains 51 phytonutrients that support a healthy inflammatory response. *
- Rosemary: Dual extracts offer highly concentrated, full spectrum detoxification. *
- Hu Zhang: (Polygonum cuspidatum) Richest known resveratrol source, shown scientifically to support a healthy inflammation response. *
- Chinese Goldthread and Barberry: Unique berberine phytonutrient complex, naturally supports the inflammation response system. *
- Oregano: Source of large number of compounds (31) that promote a healthy inflammatory response, according to USDA database. *
- Scutellaria: Unique baicalin phytonutrient complex, naturally supports healthy inflammatory responses. *
Product & Usage Information:
- Daily Use: Take 1 softgel 2 times daily. Take in the middle of a meal with an 8 oz glass of water.
- Shelf Life: 2 years
- Inactive Ingredients: Organic olive oil, yellow beeswax, gelatin, vegetable glycerine, purified water and carob.
- Initial Source: Herbal complex
- Contraindications: Women who are pregnant or contemplating pregnancy should consult with their health care provider or physician before taking this product. Zyflamend’s premium softgel capsules are prepared without any chemical solvents and are certified Kosher, Halal and prion-free.
Zyflamend is a concentrated herbal formulation containing some herbs that are pungent or spicy. To acclimate the system to these herbs and what is call “internal sauna” effect, it is recommended that you start Zyflamend by taking one capsule a day for the first tow weeks and then increase to two capsules after two weeks of comfortable and regular use.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
13710 Olive Boulevard (Primary Office)
Chesterfield, MO 63017
Telephone: 314-469-PAIN (7246)
Exchange: 314-441-6965 (for after-hour Emergencies Only)
Monday thru Friday
8:30 AM – 4:30 PM