MYTHS OF ARTHRITIS
Arthritis is a normal part of aging.
- Not a normal process of aging.
- Arthritis affects all age groups.
- 2/3 of individuals are under age 65.
Arthritis is not a serious condition. It is best to ignore the minor aches and pains.
- Most joint damage occurs in the first few years.
- Early diagnosis and treatment is crucial.
- Treatment modifies disease course.
Nothing can be done to relieve arthritis.
- Probably the most damaging misconception.
- There are various forms of treatment.
- Many new therapies and interventions are developing constantly.
13710 Olive Boulevard (Primary Office)
Chesterfield, MO 63017
Telephone: 314-469-PAIN (7246)
Exchange: 314-441-6965 (for after-hour Emergencies Only)
Monday thru Friday
8:30 AM – 4:30 PM