WHAT IS GOOD THERAPY?
Having a good therapist is equally important as having a good physician. There many types of therapy options and each therapist have a different skill level and training. Dr. Manish Suthar has developed a strong working relationship with numerous Physical & Occupational therapist, athletic therapists and trainers throughout the greater St. Louis metropolitan area and helped people know what good therapy is and how it is beneficial. Dr. Suthar continues to work directly with many of these therapists. He continues to interview, meet and exchange information related to the most up-to-date treatment options. Although, we may know many of the quality therapists in the St. Louis Metro area, we certainly realize that there are many other great therapists we are not familiar with. Dr. Suthar recommends the following to serve as guide to determining what good therapy is:
- Your therapist should obtain your history, and perform a thorough examination.
- Heat and cold treatments are minimally used.
- Preferably you work with the same therapist over time.
- Your therapist is willing to modify the program if you are not progressing or experiencing more problems.
- Your therapist should motivate you to exercise at home.
- Equipment is not necessarily the most important aspect of therapy. In fact, some of the better therapist can improvise without expensive gym equipment.
- A good therapist will help you to develop a personalized home exercise program.
- A good therapist will address aerobic fitness, weight loss, and proper body mechanics.
13710 Olive Boulevard (Primary Office)
Chesterfield, MO 63017
Telephone: 314-469-PAIN (7246)
Exchange: 314-441-6965 (for after-hour Emergencies Only)
Monday thru Friday
8:30 AM – 4:30 PM