Please note that the following are recommendations which serve to reduce the possibility of an adverse problem. If a specific instruction(s) poises a problem please review with the PP&R staff.
- Do not drive or operate any machinery or power tools for 12 hours.
- Do not drink any alcoholic beverages for 12 hours.
- Do not make any important decisions or sign any legal documents for 12 hours.
- Do not perform any activity requiring alertness or coordination for 12 hours.
- We suggest that a responsible adult remain with you for at least 12 hours after discharge home.
- You may resume your regular diet. Increase your intake of fluids for 4 to 6 hours.
- Plan for a “lazy day”; do not go back to work, shopping or housework.
- Apply ice packs every 1-2 hours as instructed (not directly on skin, over injection site).
- You may resume taking your medications unless otherwise instructed at the time of the procedure.
- Any numbness from injections should resolve within 24 hours.
- Bruising, soreness, minimal swelling, and spots of blood are normal occurrences from this procedure.
- Contact Dr.Suthar’s office or your referring physician to report any concerns.
13710 Olive Boulevard (Primary Office)
Chesterfield, MO 63017
Telephone: 314-469-PAIN (7246)
Exchange: 314-441-6965 (for after-hour Emergencies Only)
Monday thru Friday
8:30 AM – 4:30 PM