DRUG INFORMATION SHEET
Generic Name: gabapentin
Medication is Used For: Neurontin
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have allergies to medications.
- Are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
- Are breast-feeding.
- Are taking any other medications.
- Have other medical conditions, especially kidney disease.
- Take this medication as prescribed by your doctor.
- If you experience a serious adverse reaction and you think it is related to this medication, stop the medication and call your doctor. If you have been taking this medication for more than one month and you have a problem, it may be advisable to taper off the medication rather than to stop abruptly. Please call your doctor for further instruction.
- If you miss a dose of this medication, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose.
- Neurontin may be taken with or without food.
- If you take antacids, wait at least two hours after the antacid is taken to take your Neurontin.
- If you have trouble swallowing capsules, the Neurontin capsule may be opened and mixed with applesauce or juice.
- Do not drink alcohol or take other medications that make you sleepy.
- Do not drive or do dangerous jobs if this medication makes you tired or dizzy.
- Keep this medication out of the reach of children.
- Do not give this medication to others.
- Visit your doctor regularly.
Please call our office if you experience side effects.
- More Common: Clumsiness; uncontrolled rolling eye movements; dizziness; drowsiness; blurred or double vision; swelling of hands, feet, or legs; trembling; nausea.
- Less Common: Depression; mood changes; dryness of mouth; headache; slurred speech; diarrhea; back pain; changes in urination; runny nose.
13710 Olive Boulevard (Primary Office)
Chesterfield, MO 63017
Telephone: 314-469-PAIN (7246)
Exchange: 314-441-6965 (for after-hour Emergencies Only)
Monday thru Friday
8:30 AM – 4:30 PM