KICK THOSE BAD HABITS …OUT OF YOUR LIFE!!!!
- Stop Smoking.
- Develop a Regular Exercise Program.
- Improve Diet. (see example)
- Improve Sleeping Hygiene.
- Relaxation and Stress Management Techniques.
- Be Active in your Health Concerns.
Example: Are you eating lots of foods that are high in fat (especially saturated fat)? Then itâ€™s wise to drop them. They add even more calories to your overall diet. Furthermore, most foods high in saturated fat can raise the level of cholesterol in your blood. And that can increase the risk for heart disease.
Develop an Eating Plan for Life!
- Prioritize your Lifestyle Needs.
- Outline and Develop Your Plan.
- Attain Help from Family and Friends.
- Seek Help from Experts (Dietitians)
Weight Loss Expectations:
- Most women can lose an average of one to two pounds a week by consuming 1200-1500 calories a day.
- Most men can lose this amount by consuming 1500-1800 calories a day.
- One to two pounds is the ideal rate of weight loss.
Caloric Intake Calculations:
The daily food plans listed on the previous page include the essentials of a nutritious, well-balanced dieted containing a variety of foods. To find the food pattern suited to you, calculate your caloric level using the following formula:
- To maintain your body weight, multiply the number of pounds you weigh now by 15 calories. This number represents the average number of calories used up in one day by a moderately active person of your weight.
- If youâ€™re sedentary or get very little exercise, multiply your weight by 13 instead of 15. Less-active people burn fewer calories.
- To lose one pound, you need to burn 3500 calories more than you take in.
- In other words, you need to run a calorie deficit. To do this, reduce your caloric intake by 500 calories per day. (Seven days times 500 calories equals 3500 calories – one pound)
To maintain your ideal weight, weigh yourself once a week. When youâ€™re three to five pounds more than what you should be, start eating less or exercising more (or both) until your weight is back down where you want it.
13710 Olive Boulevard (Primary Office)
Chesterfield, MO 63017
Telephone: 314-469-PAIN (7246)
Exchange: 314-441-6965 (for after-hour Emergencies Only)
Monday thru Friday
8:30 AM – 4:30 PM